June 08, 2004

Spirit of Zappa #1


Spirit of Zappa 1 Posted by Hello

I've always liked & admired writers, artists, artistes & bands that never took themselves too seriously. One such artiste was Frank Zappa. He was a great musician & guitarist, who pocessed a zany sense of humour. His songs were long w/ crazy instrumental arrangements & crazier guitar solos. Need I say more abt the songs?...I wonder.
ppl who haven't heard him must listen to the following numbers:

1> San Ber'Dino
2> Dirty Love
3> My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama
4> Let's Make the Water Turn Black
5> Im the Slime
6> Tell Me You Love Me
7> Muffin' Man
8> Black Page

These pics were rendered using Corel PHOTO-PAINT 11, after I found out that he had passed away way back in the 90s.

2 comments:

Jubilant said...

I like the songs. I think one other inspiration would be Jimi Hendrix.

jehjahlu said...

oh, no,no nooo- don't eat the yellow snow. how could anyone forget that zappa classic. or like, oh, my gosh- valley girl. with moon unit doing the gag me with a spoon schpiel.. can't forget those two. actually zappa sorta ripped off his fello school pal, captain beefheart, but ringo starr's off-the-wall meddling during the seventies and early eighties is quite interesting as well. though dweezil is much cuter than his father ever was.